May 9th, 2017
Many of us are looking for that perfect daily beverage that will taste delicious and improve our health, however chasing this dream can be a challenge at times as sugary and artificial beverages seem much easier to come by. To help pull you away from those sugar based drinks, we wanted to share with you why coconut water should be your new best friend.
- Itís the the ultimate hydrator. Coconut water is full of the vital electrolytes that your body loses during rigorous exercise or excessive sweating. Move over water and sports drinks; this is natureís powerhouse.
- Itís not as shallow as you think; a simple glass of coconut water contains the perfect combination of essential electrolytes including; calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium.
- It helps keep you regular. Thatís probably all you need to know, but the high fiber content found in coconut water aids the body in the digestion process and helps in preventing indigestion and has also been known to help reduce the occurrence of acid reflux.
If you take your consumption of liquids seriously, hereís a breakdown of exactly water coconut water looks like:
*One cup (240 grams) contains 46 calories, as well as:
- Carbs: 9 grams.
- Fiber: 3 grams.
- Protein: 2 grams.
- Vitamin C: 10% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 15% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 17% of the RDI.
- Potassium: 17% of the RDI.
- Sodium: 11% of the RDI.
- Calcium: 6% of the RDI.
Bottom Line: Coconut water is found in young coconuts and is a good source of fiber, vitamin C and several important minerals and is one of the best things you can drink after a workout, yoga or spin class.
*Information provided by authoritynutrition.com